Wednesday 4 May 2011

A to Z of Twitter: Shortest Tweepl you never knew!


Unlike most Web-Wares, Twitter has no lower limit on the characters in the username, though; each tweet is limited to 140 characters. Writing sensible stuffs in short words is the fun part of tweeting. The username precedes all the @replies to tweets, so the shorter the username, the longer can be the message part. A longer username leaves less room for the message part.
Glossary Search:
Twitter : Popular micro blogging platform, details here. (Now that’s what I call a base post!)
Tweepl : is a commonly used slang for people who use twitter a.k.a tweeps, a.k.a. twitterer a.k.a Tweeps

The Tweeps with the Shortest Names

I thought I should include the bio too so that you can decide whom to follow right from here! (Do you need a link to their profile? It’s not hard to find them, lol)
Listed in the order @username – Real Name – Bio (links from bio removed and bio truncated to meet the layout )
  • @a – Andrei Zmievski – I’m Russian. ’nuff said.
  • @b – Ben Bradley – I’m like a chimney sweep, but for the intarweb toobs
  • @c – Coley Wopperer – I’m a very serious designer—a seriously joyous designer! Life is grand :)
  • @d – Dave – Bio missing
  • @e – Erin – Bio missing
  • @f – Fred Oliveira – Bio Designer-developer hybrid. I like to make people smile. (…)
  • @g – Greg Leding – Trouble is my business.
  • @h – Helgi Þormar – Whacky
  • @i – Sarah – Bio missing
  • @j – Juliette – UX, SF, Lumos Labs
  • @k – Kevin Cheng – See online
  • @l – Ant – Bio missing
  • @m – Mark Douglass – See online
  • @n – Naoki Hiroshima – A guy who cares nothing but his family and his friends, and what they care.
  • @o – Oliver Thylmann – Geek, Blogger since 2001, Entrepreneur, Performance Advertising
  • @p – Paolo I – Things never happened in this order. maybe they never happened at all. (…)
  • @q – This username cannot be used. Maybe its reserved for the search functionality
  • @r – Rex Hammock – founder/ceo of Hammock Inc.
  • @s – Sandy – I’m Sandy, your personal email assistant. I’ll remember the details so you can (…)
  • @t – Tantek Çelik – barcamp bicycler buildingblocks climber cultural evolution hacker (…)
  • @u – U – Bio missing
  • @v – William Lawrence – vé, ℣, vittu, & versus all stand for veeliam. And, he stands for Accessibility.
  • @w – Walter – exec producer of my life. Where’s my cast?
  • @x – Gene x – photographer and friend of lemurs
  • @y – ReYhan – essir my aura is orchestral but way fresher!
  • @z – me – Bio missing
  • @_ – Dave Bug – Likely subjects: Woot.com, St. Louis, iPhone, politics, css/html, design (…)
  • @0 – 0 Zine – The most excellent home-made Zine in the world. No, the universe even.
  • @1 – Numero Uno – Oldest digit. I put the “uni” in “universe”
  • @2 – Mysteriously Unnamed – Bio missing
  • @3 – NewsAlert – NewsAlerts For Pakistan Without tinyURL..BBCsa & DawnNews
  • @4 – – 4!
  • @5 – – Bio missing
  • @6 – R. Adrián Lamo – I am not a number. I am a free man!! >:o” — or something like that.
  • @7 – Peng – Bio missing
  • @8 – – Bio missing
  • @9 – – Bio missing
  • @ArunBasilLal – Arun Basil Lal – (lol. That’s me :P )
Guess you all were the first people to join twitter. Kudos to all of you!
But if you are thinking of taking a single character username, just like I did today morning, you will find that all short names have been taken. Early Bird Catches The Worm! Let me honor the early birdies.

No comments:

Post a Comment